Wednesday, February 10, 2010

who was your first heart? {one year later}


oktak's first heart came from Seabreezestudio


loneweever
was first hearted by new dominion blues

chakra pennywhistle was first hearted by green eyed girls

paisley baby's first heart came from lisabug


dandie was first hearted by don and tinash


fringe was first hearted by RecycleMicol

.................


well it's heart-week all around us in cyberspace, and while the jury may be out on valentine's day (waddaya think: good or bad?) one thing's for certain: if you're an etsy-an, *hearts* have a special place in your own heart!

oh hearts: those little things on etsy that sellers swoon over. that sweet little way to show you just love & adore something someone else has made.

yes a heart, when you *favourite* someone on etsy, is a wonderful little way to spread handmade love! and as my own etsy-versary approaches next week, i thought we'd take a trip down memory lane.

you might recall last year i put a call out to all of you: who was your first heart? who was that first etsy shop or etsy-an that hearted your brand new little shop!?


my own tale was similar to many of yours... after a trepidatious (hmmm.. fake word?) beginning, i finally listed my first item on etsy, 3 months after joining.

gosh, was i nervous!
terrified was i!
and then, like a reassuring little cyberly cheer, someone, someone i didn't know at all, *hearted* my little shop!

*swoon!*
fireworks exploded in my little handmaking heart!

and i was smitten!

and oh so thankful!
i'm eternally grateful to my own first hearter: the lovely oh the cuteness, and i thought today i'd feature some of yours! thanks to everyone who responded.

and thanks to all of the hearters out there!
now, 9000+ hearts later, i still remember all of those early early folks who sent a heart my way, and i'm so very very thankful!

they mean so much, somehow, don't they?

first hearts: like first loves, we'll never forget them, will we!

who was your first? :)

(ps: you can find your 1st heart by going to craftcult.com, and searching for your store hearts, then scrolling back to the last page!)


syko was first hearted by rubycrownedkinglette
LilithEvy was first hearted by Exquisite Designs


karma crochet was first hearted by rachelshabit

PhineasandLou was first hearted by thebeadedgoddess

and i was first hearted by oh the cuteness!

Pin It

23 comments:

  1. What you wrote is so true. I've been on Etsy more than 3 years and I still remember Recycle Michol hearting me first. I love this post!

    I think it's very cool that the pairs of shops look like they were made for each other the way you put them together. There's something to that, don't you think?

    Thanks for including me, darling dear!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought of the first heart in these terms. I always love to know how many people have hearted me...
    avisiontoremember.etsy.com first hear was
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/vmilan?ref=API_juln_CraftCult

    Thanks a ton vmilan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice way to show your appreciation, RR. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  4. OllieOllie was my first heart, and first sale! Wonderful Etsian, her shop has moved to TheExtentofSilence http://www.etsy.com/shop/theextentofsilence Such a sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post idea! My first heart in my JanssenDesigns shop was a secret admirer and my first heart in my vintage shop RetroLabs was mycreativeinstincts http://www.etsy.com/shop/mycreativeinstincts

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! It's fun to reminisce. Those little hearts still make my heart go pitter patter. My first heart was Handworks3
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Handworks3

    ReplyDelete
  7. BeeDazzlesGifts was my first heart! Bee is the best and we convo almost weekly two years later!

    Those hearts make me happy and boy, I have given several out!!!

    (I have WAY too many favorites!)

    Thanks for the blog entry!

    - ShelleAnne/aka/Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. my first etsy heart was actually my husband. I didn't know that until I searched it. I love hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My very first heart was given to me by my friend Heather at www.winemakerssister.etsy.com her shop is filled with awesome knitting & knitting themed goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay .. I've just had the most fun looking back at my first few hearts! The VERY first heart was from Amy Perrotti ...
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmyPerrotti

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea!! I remember squealing when I got my first my heart. After mroe than 3 years, I still love seeing new hearts appear.

    My first one was from suchprettycolors:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/suchprettycolors

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post! Thank you for choosing my first heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the pub and thank you so much ExquisiteJewelryDesigns to be the first one to love my shop :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have such fun ideas! I don't know if hearts were around when I first signed up, that or a whole year's worth of hearters are no longer around... hrm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is really interesting... my first heart I got... checked and it was Gay from sundaezchild http://www.etsy.com/shop/sundaezchild?ref=API_juln_CraftCult

    I remember the unique feeling, every new heart gives me something similar but not the same

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an awesome post! I love this because its so true. Your first heart puts a smile on your face the whole day and gives you hope of the future of your business:) Mine was from TwoGemsJewelry:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really fun! I love the idea of remembering your first heart. It's true for me that the hearts give you a little boost when they appear. It's like being cheered on to keep going! Thank you for including me :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was a fun thing to do...go back 209 pages to August 2006 and find the first person to heart my shop. It's: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LunasaDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  19. We got our first heart from http://www.GimCarry.etsy.com. I will always remember the feeling. And I remember that I discovered Toas shop in detail.
    Untill now, every heart feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i so loved getting those first hearts! still do <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are such a sweetie, yet again! I cannot believe it has been a year since that lovely post already. You deserve every heart you get!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am new to etsy just listed my first item a month ago! Haven't sold anything yet, I keep thinking maybe I should give up that it is costing me too much to make things when they are not selling but those hearts keep me going!
    k

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!