Tuesday, February 2, 2010

forsaken!












.................

oh Phil!

oh Willie!
oh Sam!

why have you forsaken us?!

yes, it's true.
the groundhogs Punxsutawney Phil, Wiarton Willie, and Shubenacadie Sam (famous groundhog day groundhogs in this little part of the world) have all seen their shadows this morning, forecasting 6 more weeks of winter! alas!

and although really i'd prefer spring to begin tomorrow, shadows sure can be lovely.
here are some to honour our little furry shadow-seeing friends.

6 more weeks!
hang in there, nicies.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for including my diptych in your lovely post! Nice blog, I'll be visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for including me! happy groundhog day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're funny! I was wondering "Who are Phil, Willie and Sam?" from your tweet! Nice shadow, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for choosing "Roman Numerals" for your classy collection! I am honored.

    Cheers!
    Julie
    Julie Magers Soulen Photography
    Blog of Note

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome collection! Thanks so much for including my photo too.
    Janna
    http://lilacpopphotography.etsy.com
    http://lilacpop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, you are so clever! I love that first photo with the greenish shadow of the glass....so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What amazing finds! I do have to tell you though that our local groundhog did not see his shadow...yeah for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the movie Groundhog day, but I never knew what it really means :) It's a nice story-legend.
    If I look out of the window, then I think we'll have winter even longer than only 6 weeks. We just had over 30cm fresh snow last night and it still keeps falling. :)

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving you post! What a creative way to share your thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm... glad you're all lovin' them, too, nicies! beautiful, eh?

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!