Thursday, February 11, 2010

the ekphrastic challenge *revealed* : part two


woohoo!

you've done it again, nicies!

i put forth a new creative challenge last week- and you rose rose rose to it!
and so
part two of the ekphrastic challenge began: suggest handmade works that are ekphrastically inspired by the colour palette of a famous piece of art. this time i chose the beautiful *pavane* by jean paul riopelle. wonderful wonderful suggestions, lovelies! i love seeing what you come up with... so here we go...






row one
CrowandIris
burntmill
ScowlingOwl
MichellesThreads
ThePeachTree

row two
kylebogucki
sarathomas
emmarts
pulpandpaisley
vintagebutterfly94

row three
ripegoods
InHonorOf
DirksenDabbles
fionachapman
SewMo

row four
rachel austin
LucindasNiceThings
nauli

..............................

wonderful tones, lovelies!
and a special thanks to the superstars, like nauli, who handcrafted something just for the challenge! i love it!

tune in again soon for a brand new round of the ekphrastic challenge!
and don't forget to cast your votes in the *handmade olympics!*

over 9000 individual votes cast so far!
woohoo democracy!


and have a most inspired day, filled with lovely tones, nicies!



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea and I'm astonished to see one of my pieces made into a work of art!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for including my mosaic. This challenge really caught my imagination and inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very much enjoying these challenges! I can't believe there are 9000 votes in the Olympics - ALREADY??? WOW.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the result is amazingly beautiful. Thank you so much for including our sky necklace! love discovering all these other amazing artists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including my hand dyed fabric! This is so much fun. And I'm inspired by the others. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for featuring my hand warmers. I love that painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow absolutely beautiful array of colors. Thank you for including my necklace! I love the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. K they're GREAT!
    I love this challenge and this week just FLEW by that I didn't get around to doing it.
    Maybe next week?
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the items! thanks for including my soap :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!