Friday, July 30, 2010

caribana : the handmade parade


......................

handmade costumes come alive here in toronto
this weekend for the fabulous Caribana festival.

ever been to a fun costumed street parade?
i think i'd go in peacock blue & red!

what would your dream costume look like?

what's your favourite costume you've ever made/worn?

have a most vivid weekend, lovelies!

......................





images:

@ThetaState's photostream

paulsveda's photostream

EduardoZ's photostream

FeverSky's photostream

scotiabank_cariban a's photostream

EduardoZ's photostream

Jason Prini's photostream

Mega3000's photostream

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful costumes!

    My favorite outfit was one my mom made me in high school. My friend and I went as Raggedy Ann & Andy. I wish I could still fit in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! i bet it was so sweet, josie!

    one of my faves was a fun garbage bag transformed into a christmas tree-dress! just add tinsel and felt ornaments!


    (and a star on my head, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I was active in drama in HS and i loved being able to wear costumes and playing the role of someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks like fun! I don't remember any favorite costumes...i didn't really ever dress up for anything. I think I had a Wonder Woman costume at one point though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across a street parade while on holiday in London. It was a grey day and the colours were an assault on my eyes (in a good way)
    My favorite costume was a pantomime Prince Charming for my 30th birthday party.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!