Monday, August 17, 2009

slumber party {part 4}: who should play YOU in the movie-version of your life?


....................................
don't you just love a slumber party? comfy pjs, silly movies, telling your friends, old & new, your thoughts & crushes & dreams.... such fun! you can catchup with some of our other slumber party fun here: and for today's party question: who would you choose to play you in the movie version of your life?
....................................


well well well.
if there was going to be a movie-version of my life (imagine!)
i would certainly hope it would be
fun & dancey & kid-friendly!

so for today's question, i'm going to go with casting the young julie andrews
(aka the spirited maria von trapp in the 1965 technicolor movie the Sound of Music
& the crafty mary poppins in the delightful 1964 film Mary Poppins. )


i'm choosing young julie andrews for a couple of reasons.

1. as mary poppins & maria von trapp she seems fun & friendly & spiritied & and, let's be honest, a little feisty in a kid-friendly sorta way!

2. this way the movie version of my life would assuredly be a musical in the
style of the glorious 1960's!
(so that pivotal parts of the rikrak life would be sung and danced too! perfect!)

and
3. this way, i could cast YOUNG christopher plummer (aka captain von trapp!) or young dick van dyke (aka Bert the chimney sweep) as my swoon-worthy love interest, mr. rikrak! sigh!
(i do love those two actors in their 1960's prime!)

dick van dyke in mary poppins


christopher plummer in sound of music

although young julie andrews & i look nothing alike,
i think she would aptly pull it off!
(and she did craft outfits out of curtains in the sound of music! what great repurposing!)

....................................

okay! so i've confessed!
so there's my choice for who i'd choose to play me in the movie-version of my life!
now... let's snuggle into our cozy sleeping bags, open another bag of sour cream & onion chips,
turn on some cyndi lauper, giggle & whisper and hear yours!


who should play YOU?

Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Penelope Cruz. Obviously. The similarity is uncanny ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shorter, plumper Angelina Jolie ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. a younger version of me? Hmmm, I don't remember the actor's name-but my aunt constantly told me that I looked like the woman who played Ginger on Gilligan's Island-so that would be a pretty flattering guess, but I would like to think of my younger self being played by Jodie Foster-an intelligent, unglamourous and serious version-like I was when young...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, I need a list of aging, faded blonde actresses :-) A lot of people tell me I look like Elizabeth Shue. I'll take that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, a Julia Jentsch or Ulrike Kriener would be a good choice.
    This is emmarts, btw.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post! I'd choose Kate Winslet. Just cause she's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute blog post! i love the old movies! and think those are awesome choices! i have no idea who i would pick though! maybe a renee zellweger type - someone cute, funny, shy, but can laugh at herself too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are great! i love reading your answers, nicies! what a great cast of characters we'd all make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're hilarious, Rikrak!
    I'd choose Doris Day: I've always loved her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. some one once said i looked like fiona apple (hippy hair, parted down the middle). later it was jeannine garafolo (the glasses). but i'd like to think it would be katie holmes (stylish mommy!)
    and i agree, littlebrownbird! the resemblance is amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm enjoying these answers! I'd say Julianne Moore. A few times folks have said we look alike! I wish!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummmm .... I'd have to choose Meryl Streep because she is so able to become anyone. Even Julia Child. Not that I'm middle-aged and frumpy...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Either Rosario Dawson or Jessica Alba for my little life. :) I could go either way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan Sarandon. Sassy, classic beauty (read: curvy), not afraid of what anyone thinks of her, honest, speaks her mind, and talented on many levels!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!