Wednesday, August 12, 2009

my favourite things: summer peaches

peaches photo by m.a.x's photostream


oh how i adore peaches.
what a delight!
yesterday we bought our first basket of fresh, gooey, juicy
ontario peaches from a roadside farmer's stand.
and we had eaten almost all of them by the time we were home!


so we're off to find another basket or two this afternoon
for the making of my grandma's peach upside down cakes recipe later today!
and check out foodland ontario's fabulous inseason fruit recipe guide here.

what's your fave summer fruit?
i'd love to hear!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. ha ha, I have a basket o' peaches in the fridge right now :) Makes me sing that song... "Millions of peaches, peaches for me!"

    I also love all the berries that show up, and berry-picking is especially fun. It's been smoothie-paradise over here for the last couple of weeks. Yummm. I'll make you one the next time we meet — hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...those look scrumptious...I have been devouring our fruit of Ontario too...there's nothing like good fruit in season!
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, they look delicious! I look forward to the recipe of the upside down cakes ;-)

    My favorite summer fruits? Well, I love almost anything. Raspberries are my favorite though I think. Although they are competing with strawberries..

    Enjoy your peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks nicies!
    the peach upside down cakes turned out great - thanks to my grandma's fabulous recipe! (myself, i'm usually a disasterous baker! :)

    so nice to hear your fave summery fruits!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!