Friday, July 30, 2010

caribana : the handmade parade


handmade costumes come alive here in toronto
this weekend for the fabulous Caribana festival.

ever been to a fun costumed street parade?
i think i'd go in peacock blue & red!

what would your dream costume look like?

what's your favourite costume you've ever made/worn?

have a most vivid weekend, lovelies!



@ThetaState's photostream

paulsveda's photostream

EduardoZ's photostream

FeverSky's photostream

scotiabank_cariban a's photostream

EduardoZ's photostream

Jason Prini's photostream

Mega3000's photostream

Pin It


  1. These are beautiful costumes!

    My favorite outfit was one my mom made me in high school. My friend and I went as Raggedy Ann & Andy. I wish I could still fit in it!

  2. ooh! i bet it was so sweet, josie!

    one of my faves was a fun garbage bag transformed into a christmas tree-dress! just add tinsel and felt ornaments!

    (and a star on my head, :)

  3. Beautiful! I was active in drama in HS and i loved being able to wear costumes and playing the role of someone else.

  4. Wow that looks like fun! I don't remember any favorite costumes...i didn't really ever dress up for anything. I think I had a Wonder Woman costume at one point though.

  5. I came across a street parade while on holiday in London. It was a grey day and the colours were an assault on my eyes (in a good way)
    My favorite costume was a pantomime Prince Charming for my 30th birthday party.


thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!