Wednesday, May 26, 2010

the rikrak etsy-mini-a-thon!




gosh... i feel ever-so-thankful that all of you nicies cheer me on here with kind comments, super messages, wonderful features and more.

so i've been thinking... how can i showcase all of the talent of my lovely friends & readers?

so here it is.... with thanks, a permanent new side-bar feature that will link to YOUR etsy shops, or online handmaking sites!

if you're a rikrak subsciber, reader, or follower, i'd like to feature YOUR shop, so visitors to the blog can see what nicies (& how talented!) you all are!

all you have to do is:



1. create the html for your ETSY MINI (it's super easy) & link to it here below in the comments!
{an etsy mini is a little peek into your shop for all to see on another website!)

just...
a) sign into etsy.
(i suggest opening more then one tab on your browser so you can toggle back and forth!)

b) go to *YOUR ACCOUNT*
c) scroll down the page,
and on the left hand column find & click *Etsy mini* under the *Promote* section.

d)  click/choose *items from my shop*
e)  click/choose *thumbnail*
f)  PLEASE CHOOSE 5 columns & 1 row.
(this is the format i'd like ALL of them to appear in please - it's a horizontal listing of 5 of your etsy shop items, as seen in my example above.)

2. a javascript code will appear in the box below your choices. please copy and paste this text into an email. SEND it to me at rikrakmail@yahoo.com with the title *etsy mini*

3. i will then include your shop in *my talented talented friends* permanent post page (AND my current GIVEAWAY! ends oct. 7th)... visitors to my blog can visit it for a constant listing of what my lovely readers are making & selling!

4. i'll be updating the list with new folks every few days to start. depending on how many folks sent theirs in, i may re-organize or rotate them, too!



5. aren't yet a rikrak reader or follower? never too late to join the fun! subscribe or follow today!

6. follow but don't have an etsy shop? i'm also happy to take a 150 x 150 button image from your non-etsy creative shop. include the coded button link in an email to me instead! thanks so much!

thanks for being such amazing, inspiring folks and for all you do to cheer me on with your great ideas, kind words and wonderful work, nicies!
Pin It

48 comments:

  1. What a lovely/fantastic idea!
    ...and thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, nicey!
    seems as though the full html coding is too much for the comment boxes here! so you can email it to me instead at rikrakmail at yahoo dot com with the title *etsy mini!*

    thanks nicies!
    sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done K!
    Thanks a lot, what a neat idea.. you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Idea! Its on its way!

    Thanks!
    Kelli
    Red Marionette

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh -- yes, please!
    i'm emailing you now...
    thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks K...I will email it if this doesn't work.


    Oh...it didn't.
    HUGS
    Char.x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, so sweet of you! i've sent mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just sent an e-mail - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What FuN!!! You always have the best ideas!!!

    e-mail & all set :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I want to say I just did it, but now is there already! Thank you so much for your wonderful idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such kindness...

    I love browsing through this mini-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Kristal! You're so sweet to do this! I sent my mini off to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are just too sweet....you are a great cheerleader!!!! Just sent an email! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are very awesome. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this opportunity K, you're great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very kind of you! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hopefully i did this right.
    love the blog, it's an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree, this is such a great and thoughtful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea! I just sent my coding your way. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh you're so sweet!! This is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cool idea! I am following your blog from mine! About to email you Etsy mini's from two of my shops!

    Thanks so much!
    Elizabeth of Foret and ForetTwo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a nice idea! Our's will follow soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is great! Just sent it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea! Thanks for this great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks again for this great opportunity! You have been so fast including our Etsy Mini!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing woman you are, Krystal! Thanks heaps, sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just sent it Krystal - terrific idea!
    Thank you,

    mary
    hoganfe handbags

    ReplyDelete
  28. so cool :0) thank you! :0)sending you an email ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! What a wonderful idea and so nice of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi!
    I just found your blog and I love it! Plus I'm an Etsy junkie so what a great way to find some new favs via your blog and others! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  31. thank you so much. This is so kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks! I have sent my mini! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yay what a great idea!
    I just emailed you my mini now:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just sent you mine. Thanks so much Rikrak!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic, Kristal - thank you very much!
    Erika
    x

    ReplyDelete
  36. thank you so much for this fantastic opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just sent it off to you, thanks SO much!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  38. thanks for this, will go over and give it a whirl

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful idea! Just sent you and email :)

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a wonderful idea! I just sent you an email :)

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  41. thanks! so wonderful to be included!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is such a great idea!
    I just sent you mine!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!