Wednesday, July 8, 2009

the slumber party { part 3}: guilty pleasure film genres you love!


....................................
don't you just love a slumber party? comfy pjs, silly movies, telling your friends, old & new, your thoughts & crushes & dreams.... such fun! you can catchup with some of our other slumber party fun here: and for today's party question: what genre of film do you secretly love?
....................................

Lunastrella Super 8 Camera Print by johnwgolden

mr. rikrak & i love many of the same movies.
our usual film fare is filled with inspiring documentaries (love those docs!), fabulous foreign films & the fantastic indie movies we both can't get enough of... but left to my own devices, i have some guilty-pleasure film genres i just love (shhh.. don't tell!)... my top 2 loves are:


heist movies!
i LOVE heists. from all eras. i just adore the great suspenseful, intricate plot twists, the revealing of a great caper & all that heisty, thieving fun!! the sting (robert redford AND paul newman: *swoon!*) , the usual suspects, ocean's 11.... that kinda craziness! love it!

...............................



& (shhhhh!)
romantic comedies.

i know. it's bad. but i love them. old ones i joyfully watch again and again. so many hilarious ones that i love from the 80s. ah, the blissful world of romantic comedies: where true love is able to conquer the most formidable of obstacles! annie hall, the princess bride, love actually, when harry met sally, to name a few faves!. ahhhh... i'm smitten!

.............................

okay! so i've confessed!
so there are my 2 not-so-secret guilty pleasure film genres.
now... let's snuggle into our cozy sleeping bags, open another bag of sour cream & onion chips,
turn on some cyndi lauper, giggle & whisper and hear yours!


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm with you about the guilty pleasure of HEIST movies! I love The Sting, too! My ofhter faves are HORROR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have a guilty pleasure in a specific genre - but it depends on my mood. lol
    Legally Blonde - seen it a million times I'm sure same with the Matrix. lol (to which I've also seen the making of and extras about 1/2 as many times as I've watched the movie.) teehee - oh girls just wanna have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh chick flicks, romantic comedies... period movies..my kids call them cornpone.. a mommy movie..
    I am a romantic at heart and love happy ever after...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine has got to be those cheesy dance/romance movies from the 70s & 80s. It all started with dirty dancing. It's so funny to watch something that is supposed to be set in the early 60s but was made in the 80s. They just couldn't escape that awful 80s aesthetic!
    Then I found saturday night fever, which actually is one of my favorite movies- it's a story of class struggle and touches on issues such as racism. And then there is flashdance... ahh... I could go on...yep! great movies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I love Horror movies, too, but only if someone else is home with me! I'm such a suck.

    I've also been known to watch old musicals thousands of times.

    :,)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! you nicies make me laugh out loud!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love B-movies! Everything from 70s karate to 50s sci-fi and horror. I suppose I'm easily entertained ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't most movies really guilty pleasures? *lol* I'm always at a loss when I have to pick - a testosterone-filled action flick or a cheesy romance? Depends on whether the Mr. is with me or not! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahem - Bond movies. I love it when he get the girl...

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!