Thursday, July 9, 2009

collections: with neawear



i just love seeing what folks are collecting. i guess i kind of feel it tells us just a little bit about what inspires them, what they love, and what they choose to surround themselves with in their home. today, i'm delighted to present the next in the rikrak studio's collections series: 11 & a 1/2 quick questions with a wonderful artist on what they're collecting, (apart from their art supplies! ) hope you'll just love: handmade mugs with the wonderful Janick of neawear.


......................................




who (are you)
:
Janick, not quite 28, from Montreal.

what (are you collecting) : Handmade pottery mostly for the kitchen and mostly drinking vessels.

when (did you start) : About 3 years ago, when I started selling my own stuff for fun and wanted to buy from other great artists with the money I made.

how (many do you have?) : It's still a small collection, but I can't stop growing it pretty quickly. About a dozen mugs and cups, and more than half a dozen other pieces.

where (do you find them) : Locally at boutiques and craft shows, as well as online.

where (do you keep them) : Where they belong! In cupboards and on counters.

what (‘s a crazy/interesting story behind one) : I don't know about ONE, but i get these phases when I feel like using only that same mug for like a month, and then I switch. Obsessions, sorta.

what (piece would you like to add): Oh it's so hard to choose! I have to stop myself daily to buy more... I can’t always, I bought a new one yesterday!

why (do you love them) : Because they represent all that is handmade, from start to finish. And I can use them daily.
which one is your favourite & why? I would have to say my Deirdre Wilson mug: it's like a pretty baloon and perfect size for a big morning coffee.
what (else do you collect) : Handmade rings and apothecary jars.

...............................

........


..............


so many thanks, janick.

janick, of neawear, is such an amazing phenomenon to me!
she's a celebrated artist, who runs 2 very successful full time shops on Etsy.
her work is creative, inventive, & she captures my imagination every day in so many ways with her phenomenal sense of angle & style & emotion in her beautiful photos. photo of her work, her life, her morning. etc.

i have been known to spend countless periods of time blissfully lost in her gorgeous flickr photostream, pouring over her images that just make me speechless. & i know many would agree with me that her incredible blog,

Creativadoration, is one of the most captivating reads & pleasures for your viewing around!


she's a fulltime artist who inspires me everyday.
thanks, nicey.

please be sure to visit her shops: neawear: to adorn yourself & adorn your walls. & neablossoms: for beautiful supplies.

visit her beautiful blog here.
& her most inspiring photostream here.

have a most inspiring day, lovelies!
cheers to inspiring artists!










......................
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I have always loved neawear, particularly her wall wear. It is so lovely and regularly draws adoration from me. Thank you for interviewing her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific interview, as always the photographs are superb! That's actually an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! I love her work, too! Gorgeous photos and I remember reading her inspiring blog before, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooraaay janick! will always love her sense of style and her obsessions are just DANDY with me! heehee. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her work is amazing, so pure and simple yet intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!