Wednesday, March 14, 2012

slumber party { part 17 } : your top 3 topsecret tv crushes! (the 2012 *3 year anniversary* edition!)

happy tv mini pillow by mymimi
....................................

don't you just love a slumber party? comfy pjs, silly movies, telling your friends, old & new, your thoughts & crushes & dreams.... such fun! join us! you can catchup with some of our other slumber party fun here: and for today's party question: who are your top 3 TOPSECRET tv crushes?

....................................

good-golly, nicies.
it's been a fabulous 3 YEARS since our first rikrak studio slumber party! in honour: let's celebrate with a redo of our very first get-to-know-you-all-nighter-of-a-question. my current obsessions have changed a wee bit. i'd love to hear yours! in 2009 i confessed my tv crushes: the professor from gilligan's island; & george stroumboulopoulos. here's this year's updated version.... 


.......


i must admit, i'm not such a tv watcher. but over the years, i have had a few spurts of tv - ing - fun! they heyday for my tv watching was really when i was in my preteens. there were a variety of great 1960's and 70's reruns on in that era, that were right up my good-n'-wholesome alley!
and so...
one of my first tv crushes was was born...


crush #1: that dashing pioneer = pa. 
(a.k.a charles ingalls played by michael landon on *little house on the prairie*) 

okay - i know it sounds a tad improbable. he was a little wee bit (ahem...) older than me. but what a loveable guy that pa was! charming smile. devoted dad. all-around-nicey. great log-house-builder. oh-so-settlers-era-crushable. i was smitten. (and i must confess - we borrowed a couple of little house on the prairie episodes to show little rikrak recently, and my love of charles ingalls hasn't faded! sigh. who's with me, pioneer-lovers!?!

............



fast forward to the mid-80's ... tv crush #2.... *sigh* ... remington steele (pierce brosnan) ... to be honest.. i don't think i ever really saw this show about a former conman turned detectivey guy, as a youngin'. (surely i wouldn't have been allowed! it still seems so wonderfully racy!)

but i do recall a glorious full-sized poster of remington steele that my very cool babysitter had up in her bedroom... and i was hooked! everytime i would be @ her place, i would just stare and stare...
crush #2: is it wrong to have a crush on a poster? 

i could just tell from that photo... we should BE together!
he was so dashing, so debonair, so clever and with such spy-ly intelligence! that's tv crush #2.
............


oh deary me.
charles ingalls wouldn't be too happy to hear that more recently i've fallen for ...

crush #3: baddy idris elba


i'm thinking this must be more of a pretend-person tv crush, than an actual tv character crush (eek! cause elba's *stringer bell* on the wire sure wasn't such a nice guy!). but at least this one is post-1987! 

idris elba plays all kinds of rotten. 
& yes... it makes him oh-so-SWOONworthy!
....................
 
so there's my 3 not-so-secret tv crushes.
let's snuggle into our cozy sleeping bags, open another bag of sour cream & onion chips,
turn on some cyndi lauper, giggle & whisper and hear yours!

...............

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. You're hilarious!! Yes to Remington Steele!!!! My major crush was Bo Duke ;) Now I LOVE Dexter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i'm happy to share pa with ya, lori! and bo duke, too! eek - i'm afraid i don't know dexter - but he SOUNDS scary! :) he's ALL yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! I love slumber party time! My first TV crush was Scott Baio, the Charles in Charge years. Then later it was all about David Duchovny on the X-Files. And now, I luuuhhhhv Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester on Supernatural. hummina hummina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh.... charles in charge. yes. swoonable for certain, littlered.


    how cute we'll look with our crushy dates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED David Duchovny in the X-Files, too! But my first tv crush was Kirk Cameron on Growing Pains. (He never ages, either!)

    Thanks for inviting me. I miss sleepovers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this reminds me of the classic slumber party game 'who would you rather make out with ______ vs. _____?" surely us girls in PG weren't the only ones to enjoy the hours of fun'ness that brought? Top 3 TV crushes old and new? Nigel Barker from America's Next Top Model, Jared Leto from My So Called Life and the hot guy Aubrey from Grey's Anatomy {I could get lost in those eyes of his... and do}.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched Grey's last night and it's not Aubrey it's Avery... whoops! too busy drooling to take note.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah kirk cameron. yes - he doesn't age, you're right, jeanne. you're welcome ANYTIME nicey!

    and sara - how gorgeous you'll look with your handsome crushes! :)

    thanks for playing nicies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you checked out Idris Elba's BBC Series "Luther"??? If not, you MUST!!!! He's fantastic in it (he's the leading character) and that show is addictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh! no! i haven't seen that yet! thanks for the great suggestion, nicey!

      Delete
  10. LOL... Pa!
    I totally swooned over Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica.
    I could never decide between Bo or Luke Duke - I'm fickle! - so they had to battle each other for my affections. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) ah thanks, carol!

      good thing you had those duke boys battling for your affections! you're worthy of all their love and more, cutie!

      Delete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!