Tuesday, April 12, 2011

collections: egg cups with Storeyshop



.................................

i just love seeing what folks are collecting. i guess i kind of feel it tells us just a little bit about what inspires them, what they love, and what they choose to surround themselves with in their home. today, i'm delighted to present the next in the rikrak studio's collections series:  quick questions with a wonderful artist on what they're collecting, (apart from their art supplies! ) you can also check out my  *the collectors* series on Etsy, based on these posts! hope you'll just love egg cup collecting with Helen Foers of Storeyshop.
.................................




 
Oh glorious spring!
How fabulous you are with your chirpy birds, babbling brooks and the promise of great newness and change to come!
For just such a festive occasion,  this collection celebrates that iconic springtime symbol: the egg, and the beauty of turning our daily lives (and things like eating breakfast!)  into an artful occasion!

.............


what (are you collecting) : Egg cups

when (did you start) : A few years ago

how (many do you have?) 30 (so far)

where (do you find them) : Vintage and junks shops, charity shops, car boot sales and in wrapping paper as my friends and family have started buying them for me for birthdays and bringing them back from holidays for me!

where (do you keep them) : In the kitchen cupboards (much to my husband's annoyance). I have two decks of them stacked on and under vintage cakestands.

what (‘s a crazy/interesting story behind one) : Only one egg cup in my collection is my husband's. He had it when he was little. It's one of the one with legs. I had one with legs when I was young too so we got them together and they're now a couple.

what (piece would you like to add): Next on my list is one of Heidi Burton's illustrated egg cups. I'd also like to find more with names and other typography on.

why (do you love them) : I love boiled eggs and I love collecting. Perfect!

which (one is your favourite) & why : My pink plastic one with my name on. I have had it as long as I can remember. My little brother had a blue one with his name on, too. Maybe it's where my love of personalised products all stems from!

what (else do you collect) : Other ceramics and chinaware. I have rather a lot of plates and saucers. Choosing which plate and egg cup combo to go for, when having a boiled egg, is always a tough one!

.............


.............

Marvellous! Thanks so much, lovely!

Helen’s incredible personalised hand cut paper works will add an artistic touch to all of your daily celebrations, too! Her custom made cards are brilliant and beautiful (I’ve given many away to loved ones as cherished gifts!) So hop on over and visit her beautiful shop & blog

Happy spring, lovelies!

What do you collect?
Please tell us in the notes below. 
We’d love to hear!






Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Love her cards!! My Grandmum had a sweet egg cup collection. When she passed, each of the Grandchildren got to choose 3 to keep. We use ours all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun collection! I love to see what people collect. I think it tells a little piece of their personal story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree, tricia! i love it too!

    and that's a lovely tale, moira! how wonderful for each grandchild to have their own piece of the beloved collection! love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable collection of egg cups! I have a few {part of my ironstone collection}.
    Her cards are lovely as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these!! We use our egg cups around Easter - mostly to hold up our art dyed eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so fun, shame on me for not owning even a single egg cup... how did that happen to me? Especially as ovo-lacto-vegetarians we eat plenty of eggs. hmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what fun! I would never have thought to collect egg cups...I don't even own one lol. But they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much fun! the eggs on legs with the little mary jane's slayed me! :)

    I collect Pez dispensers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great collection! I also have an egg cup collection my mom started when I was little - it was an Easter thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!