Monday, March 7, 2011

my favourite things: beautiful tea towels {part 1}


beautiful handmade tea towels
:: above ::

.................

fear not, sweeties!
we may be the giddy new owners of a dishwasher, but my obsessive love of a gorgeous tea towel will never wane! :)

as you might know, i obsessively collective beautiful vintage tea towel calendars, especially ones by the fabulous designer vera neumann, and i've been long-smitten with the incredible art in the beauty of a well designed tea towel!

i'll never forget you, sweet towels!

thought you might love some of these gorgeous handmade / hand designed towels. 

have a favourite tea towel at your home?

{and yay ... thanks for all of your fun chiming in about the new dishwasher! 
1st run tonight! wooohoo!} 

................. 

beautiful handmade tea towels
:: below ::



Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous feature - thank you so much for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking at this makes me feel like a kid in a candy shop! complete loveliness. thanks for the include, I'm honored!

    amy@pony & poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so many favorites in here! thrilled to be included =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I big puffy heart tea towels! I can't stop making them either. I'll never have too many! :)

    Great post!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I have bought girlscantell towels and ADORE them! thanks for this beautiful collection...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're the quickest way to make me happy to be in the kitchen!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so pretty! I'm going to have to buy one but I don't know how to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all works of art, definitely not to be dirtied around the kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having just got my first dishwasher 3 yrs ago I truly understand the excitement. I also have a fondness for tea towels and it is my request from anyone who travels.
    http://www.todryfor.com
    here is one of my favourite places to order from, they are so lovely to buy from and the quality is well to dry for - except I have done some framing also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these! I'd frame most of them and hang them in the house they're that nice :)

    Thanks so much for including mine!

    Tandie
    (NestaHome)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great stuff. Thank you for including The Heated's Owl amongst them. It's an honor to be included with such creative artists.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are all beautiful.
    My favorite tea towel is one an 81 year old friend made for my bridal shower using some fabrics she had saved from her mother!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love all your tea towels, when my sister bought me two lovely tea towels I turned them into aprons and gave her one and kept one, we both love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for including us! The collection looks great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for including us! The collection looks great! xo

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!