Thursday, March 17, 2011

{hand}making change: helping japan

.............

gosh. what is there we can say to help with the emmense tragedy of the events in japan this past week?!
very little i'm thinking.
but i do think there are things we can DO to HELP, in our own ways.
handmaking for the cause is one of them. 
supporting handmaking causes donating to relief efforts is another.

kudos to the many great handmakers who have rushed to the helping effort, donating monies (in part or in whole) from handmade items to support various causes assisting the relief efforts in japan. 

please ADD links below to items you have made, 
or that OTHERS have made,  
where a portion of the sale is going toward 
Japan relief efforts.

i will also tweet as many of the entries as i can to help spread the word.

and if you can, please visit the following shops and help support {hand}making change efforts in our wonderful worldwide community!


Pin It

12 comments:

  1. This is so thoughtful! Thanks so much for helping spread the word about what little we can do to help!
    I'm donating all the proceeds of my Refuge Necklace: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69115417/the-refugehome-sterling-silver-necklace

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i adore that necklace, iveth! off to tweet it! wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for links to 20 raffles/auctions/giveaways and to places to donate, please go to Japan earthquake, tsunami: How to help

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops.. I used my name instead of the name of the item (fabric origami crane). Is there a way for me to change it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh these are wonderful nicies.

    thanks liberal sparkles. what a list!

    and quotes: no worries - i was able to edit it for you! love your crane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From now until March 31st, I will be donating 50% of all my sales to help Japan.

    Thank you so much for helping spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belle Terre is donating $1 for each item purchased from now through Tuesday March 22nd to the American Red Cross to assist with the disaster relief effort.

    It's wonderful to see so many sellers on Etsy assisting when they can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this help! Seems few what we can do, but the smallest of our helps is needed by someone out there!.

    I'm donating the 15% of all revenues in my entire shop.

    My husband Matthias is donating the 100% on 4 Japanese motifs photos in his shop. He already sold one.

    My donations will go to Architecture for Humanity and my hubby's will go to the Red Cross Germany action to help Japan.

    Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure I did that corrctly. This is a wonderful thing you are doing. I was trying to link to a photographic print as well as an entire shop section of Vintage Japan items.
    If I did it wrong, I'm sorry:)
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. From now until March 31, I will donate 100% of my sales to the Canadian Red Cross Japan Earthquake/Asia-Pacific Tsunami fund. xo

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/OhMyAmpersand

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes! I don't know why my pic isn't showing up..oh well..
    I'm holding a little auction along with Jojoebi from A Bit of This and A Bit of That...Come see if you like http://zakkainspired.blogspot.com/2011/03/auction-for-japan-quake-appeal.html

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!