Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the art of the cube!





  

images above: 
the rubitone by ignacio pilotto
groovik's cube @ burning man by naturalturn 
rubik's photo by greatbeyond
stack of cubes necklace by spinthread
cube art by invader

.............

happy 30th birthday this year to that puzzling + brilliantly-hued superstar, the rubik's cube!

as child of the 80's, it's a nostalgic throw back to think of the many roadtrips, evenings around the living room,  + saturday mornings after breakfast spent trying to solve, trying to trick another, trying to best the fastest times around the house and out-wit that magical cube-y puzzle.

{i know.... i'm happily a GEEK!} 

so homage paid today to that icon-o-colour, and the cube, itself: one of my fave design elements.

great to see the cube everywhere this season in the geometric  fashion frenzy- woohoo!

ever peel off the rubik's cube stickers 
just to try and beat it?
c'mon. confess.

.............

images below: 
giant rubik's cube @ disneyworld by daryl_mitchell
 rubik's cube art by eric limeback via ctv
rubik's cube art by invader 
cube art by invader

 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes - I have peeled off the stickers! And took the cube apart, square by square.

    I once completed three sides. Three sides complete, all at the same time. I was anxious to show it our company coming over that night.

    Unfortunately, my older sister got to it first, and I no longer had 3 sides :(

    I keep a cube beside the couch in the basement. I periodically pick it up, striving for at least two sides...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh - you're good - and still at it, emms? impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rubick's Cube! Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the Friday blog hop! Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com


    Your blog is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay jenn!

    and welcome hanna! off to visit you!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!