Thursday, June 3, 2010

slumber party { part 12 } : what 3 question words can't you live without?


don't you just love a slumber party? comfy pjs, silly movies, telling your friends, old & new, your thoughts & crushes & dreams.... such fun! join us! you can catchup with some of our other slumber party fun here: and for today's party question: what 3 question words can't you live without?

image: petit coterie

who? what? when? where? why? how?

these are the 5 R's & 1 H of information gathering!
and i think, the foundation of learning about others, telling great stories, building great friendships, etc, etc.

now i know we're all wonderfully curious folks!
love that...

so let's pretend... for the rest of your life you could only ever ask 3 of the 6 questions. TO YOU, what are the most important three 5 R's & 1 H? i think it says a LOT about a person by the questions they choose to ask. i'll go first, nicies!

in any given situation...

Who? (i.e. Who was involved?
What? {i.e. What happened (what's the story)?)

Where? ( i.e. Where did it take place? )
When? (i.e. When did it take place?
Why? (i.e. Why did it happen?
How? (i.e. How did it happen? )


how did something happen?

how is that possible?
how did they make that?
how can we do it? (i.e. let's make a plan!)
those intricate details i'm superkeen on!
i'm a planning, logistics. make-a-list kinda gal and i just love hows!
the how-tos in life = super for me!

image: feiocious

what happened?
what can i do to help?
what should we do next?
that's a great question in my mind.
i love details and i think this another gold-star question.
the what's give me perspective, info, data and more.
to me, it's an active, get things done kinda question!
thank heavens for what.


image: elevenelevendesign

now at the outset, why seems like a scientific based kinda question, and heaven knows, i'm not very scientific. but i love motivation, where it comes from, and aiming to try and understand others' thinking.
so why... you're my question hero.


okay! so i've confessed!

there are my choices for top 3 question words!
now... let's snuggle into our cozy sleeping bags, open another bag of sour cream & onion chips, crank up the *debbie gibson*, giggle & whisper and hear yours! can't wait!
Pin It


  1. I'm a WHO, HOW and WHEN girl! :>

    WHEN is definitely the Historian in me.

    Fun as always!!!

  2. eheheheh, fun question for me, because when I was a journalist I had to write a lot of short news, and in 10 sentences I had to answer all of these questions :-)

    Ok, my favourites:

    My top question is WHY? Like a child....I want to understand everything.
    My 2nd is How, and the 3rd is Who...(though I am the latest who gets to know all the gossips, it is still good to know WHO is involved :-))

  3. lovin' your answers, nicies!

    meg: i sure do see the WHEN as a wonderful historical perspective! so true!

    vadjutka: that's superfun that you were a journalist! i bet you were wonderful!

    thanks nicies! we're covering all of the questionly bases, here!

  4. 1. WHO (I agree with vadjutka!)
    2. WHY
    3. WHERE (Hey - I'm a Geography Major!!!!!)

    Tee hee!

  5. WHO - I get this from my mother who knows EVERYONE in town and if she doesn't know someone, she'll make it a point to meet them (like strangers in the grocery store line up and the kid who works at the gas station - she's VERY friendly!)

    WHEN and HOW

    I didn't add WHY because sometimes that question is never answered.

  6. Fantastic question I had one straight off I had to think about the other 2.
    First is always but WHY, but WHY, but WHY I'm an inquisitive soul and my father is a human Encyclopedia and great at answering WHY!

    I agree with Meg, I'm a History girl too so WHEN (did it happen) is facinating to me.
    I think HOW and WHY go well together so that would be third.


thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!