Tuesday, June 9, 2009

.. and for the boys: the handmade prom

thanks for tuning in yesterday and sharing your favourite prom looks from your own lives! what a gorgeous bunch of lovelies we all must have been @ our own grads & proms! (i especially loved all of the royal blue satin dresses & teased hair tales i heard!) ... now it's time for the boys...
4 handmade prom collections, for the men!
prom style #1
eco friendly gadget bag by humade

james bond french cut mens shoes via dahlila found

mens vintage suit in charcoal gray via shopgoodgrace
modern square ring by anne holman


:::::::::::::::::::

prom style #2
record vinyl inlay belt buckle by miss courageous

irezumi jacket by studioyoshida
mens windowpane trousers by stewwie
vintage beatnik glasses via ChicDeuxChic

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
prom style #3

compass cufflinks by
ragtrader
El Primero by urbanblazer
wind turbine silk necktie by toybreaker
recycled mens bag by FRockmen


:::::::::::::::::::::::::



prom style #4

buckled wrap leather cuff by hollyhawk

jared gold colonial coat by jaredgold

jellyfish necktie by SugarLust

argyle skulls buckle by BionicBenz


:::::::::::::::

what's your fave?

what are some of your fave *boy* prom styles from over the years?

have any fun prom tales to share?

(still a few more hours to enter my little clutch purse giveaway! hurry!)


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Cute! I love that first one! It's my dream man look - James BOND! My date wore a fairly hilarious burgandy jacket to our Prom. You should see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Number One. Classic look that makes all guys look super suave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I like the classic look of number one also. Very sophisticated. Good look when it's matching a girl's formal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for adding my vintage men's shoes to your prom collection. Very cute overall look too. Very...James Bond!

    cheers,

    dahlila
    http://dahlilafound.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the last 2- they are both super original-looking and not over-the-top...
    actually the last one reminds me a lot of jamie oliver.. whom i'll admit i have a bit of a crush on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One year my sister's date wore a tuxedo that had shorts instead of long pants. Black with the satin stripe down the sides. I have to say he looked ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the looks you've put together, by the way.
    I'd love to get all dressed up for a date again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMMMHMMMM! I'd take any of these looks with me to the PROM. And I also love Jamie Oliver, OfftheHOoks. He WOULD look great in that last outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sort of traditional...I'd go with number one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the wind turbine tie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cool stuff... it almost makes me wish I was a boy. Thanks for including my Foxhunt Gadget Bag!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!