Friday, May 15, 2009

tulips!

.......................................
tulips pillow by chakrapennywhistle
tulip skirt by Ureshii
tulip bag by morelle
hat tulipe for children by cocon

.......................................

i love my lovely city. ottawa is a really great place.
one of the reasons i think so is because of ottawa's amazing array of fun festivals!

this town sure knows how to celebrate things!
we've talked before about ottawa's wonderful winterlude festival. this season here in ottawa, we're celebrating tulips!

isn't that a great reason to have a festival?
wonderful. so simple!
let's celebrate tulips!

so if you can make it to canada's pretty capital this weekend, come and enjoy the final festival festivities. lots of beautiful beds of tulips. wonderful concerts. readings. fairs and more.
yay tulips!

hope you have a great weekend.
don't forget to enter my little twitter giveaway (thru monday!)
and have fun celebrating all those wonderful, little things in life... like tulips!


the Peace Tower @ Parliament Hill, Ottawa via Troy and Naomi's photostream


under tulips photo by emmarts


Tulip fields just outside Alkmaar, North-Holland, Netherlands via Allard One's photostream


..........................................

{ps: thanks so much playing the fun game yesterday!
i loved reading all of your answers, nicies! }

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Oh...how I wish I could just pop up to Ottawa for the weekend.
    Have a wonderfil Victoria Day too...love your tulip inspired pics.Such a pretty skirt and love that bag!
    Char.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring my tulips! Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! WOW!
    That field in the Netherlands is so fantastic!

    Have a great long weekend, RR!

    Maybe we'll see you tuliping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for tulips! Wonderful items and photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i sure would like to see the feilds in the netherlands! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tulips too! i posted about them in Chicago last weekend over on my blog. They were so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Gorgeous pictures. I love tulips too. My favorite are the purple ones mostly because I didn't know there were purple ones till I became an adult :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for featuring my tulipe hat, love tulips!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ottawa is a great town. You are absolutely right. I just cancelled a trip to Ottawa and your pictures (esp of parliament framed by tullips) make me feel so bad about it :(

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!