Monday, July 11, 2011

my pretend home {element 5} : a pool with a breathtaking view



.................


and breathe.
the infinity pool @ the alila ubud resort in bali.

.................


can you imagine?
the stunning view from the Lebua Hotel rooftop in bangkok via twistedlifestyle

.................


lovin' this wallace E. cunningham rancho santa fe beauty!
via architectural digest 

.................



mmmm... a nice andes mountaintop view
via chile's grand hotel portillo.

.................


or how about this mountain view?
via jade mountain resort in st. lucia

.................


and i was thinking maybe an indoor hot springs, too.
via japan travel mate
.................


don't have a backyard in your dreamhome?
no worries.
the SPG building in dallas via coolamazingblend.
.................



how about a private view of my fave phang nga bay in thailand.
(way better then looking at your neighbour's yard!)
via six senses hotel.
.................


*sigh *
via best interiors
.................
it may be all those lego fantasy homes i build these days or my happy chance to work-from-home every day, but gosh i could day-dream away a week or two designing my dream home in my mind!  {plus ... it's easier on the pocketbook!} 

so welcome to my pretend home. each installment focusing on a fun designerly element i adore.




and today...
{element 5} : a pool with a breathtaking view


good golly our family loves to play in the water. in the summer i think we'd LIVE at the beach if we could... but wouldn't it be fun to have the most beautiful pool in the world at your dream home? with the most amazing view overlooking your fave city, or a dream pool gliding into your favourite ocean, or with a view to your favourite mountains?

found some lovelies for you, nicies.

some are not necessarily practical for a family with a young child...
but who needs practical in a pretend home? 

what's a design element you long for in your pretend home?

come on over for a swim!

.................


how about a crater pool?
ps: it's super warm... mmmm...
but eek - a little scary for my liking!
the homestead crater
.................


 hey - this one comes with a cheetah! (EEK!)

.................


how about the deepest pool in the world
in your own backyard?
{here's the NEMO33 in brussels via coolthingsinrandomplaces}

.................


stunning.
.................


gorgeous & green. it's an oxygen pool.
.................

how fun to reach over the side of your pool & touch the ocean! 
arthur erikson & nick milkovich's gorgeous maui home design via architectural digest
.................

swimmity swim swim swim... ooh there's my dining room! 
how about a transparent pool? via toxel
.................

oh my heavens! i'll take two please. 
.................



 

yes please.
via trendland
.................
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Oooh. I love the crater pool! We went snorkling in an underground river at Xcaret in Mexico, that pool reminds me of that. It was really fun. Although, those dark corners were a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is right!
    I love the one overlooking the mountains. I've always wanted to swim at the Cochrane polar bear pool with the bears! I think there's a glass partition!

    Wouldn't that be fun??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a link to the Polar Bear Sanctuary: http://www.canadacool.com/COOLFACTS/ONTARIO/Cochrane.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love some of those pools. They would be lovely to visit. But oh my! No way would I want some of those from the bottom half of the collection.

    Looking forward to seeing the next collection of ideas for your dream home list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh that sounds wonderful, cerise!

    & i agree, leslie! i've always thought that'd be soooo fun! thanks for the link!

    thanks elisa! you're lovely!

    happy home-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crater pool, too! But I'd like mine all to myself! We're thinking of putting in a pool. My fingers are crossed it'll come to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some rather simple things...I have always wanted a window seat and a butler's pantry. Quaint, sweet details :-) But those pools are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Suddenly I'm feeling VERY jealous. All those beautiful swimming pools!
    I've always wanted to live in a gorgeous elaborate tree house...someone built an adorable cottage in a tree a couple miles down the road from my house-it even has a porch swing with a view of the tree tops-I covet it everytime I drive by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fingers crossed for you, too, tara!

    and i love your ideas, sarah!

    samantha - that's so fantastic! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. magical photos, thank you for sharing. Makes my heart happy to know there are places like this in the world... and maybe I can have one of these:)Or at least have fun dreaming, like you...

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!