yay to the over 1 billion folks who participated in earth hour this past saturday! as promised, here's a round up of what some handmaking folks were doing to celebrate! thanks to those who wrote in, emailed me, left comments & such!
via twitter: krrley (aka karley on etsy) wrote that she was very excited, and has had the earth hour badge up on her (lovely- editor's note!) blog all month!
and from the etsy forums:
* emmarts shared that like ontario, bc schools were participating with lights out on friday, to show their support!
*adornyourself (see photo #3) wrote about what her wonderful daughter's 4H group was doing!
* paisleybaby shared what montrealers would be up to!
* beckyrose was looking forward to using the light of her unplugged laptop to visit the etsy forums!
* whimsygraphicdesigns & beatgirl77 were in!
* and my ecoetsy teammates artisticallystitched, chakrapennywhistle & PlanetPlayground were all getting ready! and kerrianne mentioned having friends over to play games by candlelight! (superfun!)
and from comments here on the rikrak studio blog, we heard that:
* katelynjane (see photo #1) was excited for the challenge!
* annarubyking (see photo #4) in Greece, & sandrine in Belgium were all ready to celebrate!
* leslie was going to have a fun earth hour / lights out! dinner party! (so festive!)
* rachellovespeace was looking forward to seeing some stars that night!
* and uncorked (see photo #2) pondered what she could do with an hour in the dark on a saturday night!! :)
great stuff, nicies! so if i may say... be sure to support folks that support the earth! see you tomorrow!